eDiscovery for Macintosh and iPhone Lawyers
Even with the rise of web and cloud-based litigation document review, most discovery review programs in the legal industry require the installation of Internet Explorer. This is because many developers use legacy Windows-based libraries for their litigation review applications.
Mac users are often told to set up their Apple® computers in ‘dual-boot’ mode or run Windows emulation software like ‘CrossOver’. But at the end of the day these solutions are cumbersome at best and reduce efficiency and usability for anyone trying to do a legal review with a Mac OS. Other than being irritating and slow, installing a dual-boot partition unnecessarily takes up a lot of hard disk space. Transferring files between partitions is difficult and MAC programs are unavailable while in the Windows partition. Emulation similarly chews up disc space, is expensive to install and maintain and slows down the entire computer.
eDiscovery & Case Management Solutions for Mac Litigators
eDiscovery and legal document management should be platform independent. Litigators should not need to inconvenience themsleves with inefficient workarounds and incompatible software.
The Lexbe eDiscovery Platform runs natively on both Mac and PC software. For Mac users, Lexbe eDiscovery Platform requires only a recent version of Safari, Firefox or Chrome. Dual-boot or emulation software is not needed. There is no need to tie up large amounts of hard disk space with a Windows partition that limit the performance of your computer. For Mac users, All Lexbe eDiscovery Platform features are available without any software download or installation.
For Paralegals, Litigation Support and IT professionals supporting attorneys, outside experts or other Mac litigation professionals, Lexbe eDiscovery Platform lets users review documents in their favored Mac environment without being told they need to change.
Lexbe eDiscovery Platform
Our cross-platform (PC and Mac) hosted litigation document management solution, Lexbe eDiscovery Platform features the ability to self-upload and process case data for same day review in addition to lightning fast, advanced search and coding capabilities. Lexbe eDiscovery Platform includes robust case analysis and timeline functionality in addition to online document processing capabilities. Prepare productions quickly and in multiple formats with Lexbe eDiscovery Platform to meet discovery deadlines and satisfy production requests.
Key Features and Benefits
- Early Case Analysis – Analyze data and custodians, summary reports of ESI.
- Dynamic Culling – Defensibly remove unneeded ESI with dynamic culling by custodian, date, file type or keyword.
- Processing and Loading – Load native files (Outlook, Word, etc.), PDFs or TIFF/load files. We support it all. All files are converted to PDF for integrated viewing, search, and download.
- Document Review – Search results in seconds, unlimited coding fields, integrated native files and more.
- Productions – Our blended productions meet any need: natives, PDFs, TIFFs and load files.
- Depos, Motions & Trial – Transcript analysis, dynamic timelines, document repository, and more.
- Full Control – You have complete flexibility to manage and set-up cases, load documents, productions, etc., without investing in outside service vendors, saving you time and money.
- Cross Platform Support – Lexbe is completely web based and supports both PC and Mac users.
- Responsive Support – Lexbe offers multiple support options based on your needs including online and phone.
- Custom Training and Services – Need more help? Lexbe can also provide additional training, technical services, and eDiscovery expert consulting, as needed.
Mac Lawyer Resources
eDiscovery Checklist: Document Review for Mac-Based Law Firms and Legal Departments – Legal teams in law firms and in-house legal departments attempting to conduct sophisticated legal document review on the Mac face some considerable obstacles. Most popular electronic discovery and legal document management applications are Windows based requiring review on another platform. This “solution” is cumbersome at best, and reduces efficiency and usability for anyone trying to do a legal review with a Mac. This checklist for attorneys, litigation paralegals and other legal technology professionals should help ensure success.
eDiscovery Checklist: Collecting, Processing and Producing Mac OS and iOS Evidence – The Apple Mac OS for desktops and laptops and iOS for portable devices such as the iPad were once relegated to the sidelines in corporate America and often is overlooked or ignored in eDiscovery and litigation. Most companies’ large and small support Apple computer usage by their employees and derived digital evidence is common. But that does not mean it is easy to collect, process, search and review. This checklist for attorneys and legal technology professionals should help you sort out the complications and get quickly to accurate, documents for your review team.
On-Demand eDiscovery Webinar: A Litigator’s Guide to Mac eDiscovery – Apple Mac and iOS Collection, Processing and Review and Production – The Apple MAC OS for desktops and laptops and iOS for portable devices were once relegated to the sidelines in corporate America and overlooked or ignored in eDiscovery and litigation. This approach is no longer viable as electronically stored information (ESI) from Apple computers, iPhone and iPads is part of many document intensive cases today. Most companies large and small support Apple computer usage by their employees and derived digital evidence is common. But that does not mean it is easy to collect, process, search, and review. In fact, it raises a host of complications that should be addressed.